MicroTonic 3.0.1 Easter Egg

Magnus Lidström4 657 views26 posts
  • Users avatarMagnus Lidström

    Anyone found it yet?

    No?

    Ok, I'll give you the first hint. It is in this area:

    EasterEggArea.png
  • Users avatarBoB SwanS

    Nothing yet,Go on,Give us another hint ;)

  • Users avatarMark Birchall

    Ha! I just discovered the Jingle Balls preset on Synplant and was playing around when I thought "I wonder if there is an 'easter egg' in Microtonic too, besides the coloured eggs".

    I came to the forum to do a search and here's a clue!

    And, after much clicking around... I have no idea what it could be.

    :-/

  • Users avatarphilter

    haven´t found it yet BUT i will search it RIGHT NOW :D

    is it always available or date-related like the jingle balls and eggs?

  • Users avatarMagnus Lidström

    - philter wrote:
    haven´t found it yet BUT i will search it RIGHT NOW :D
    is it always available or date-related like the jingle balls and eggs?

    :lol: The hunt is on. It is always available.

    I'll be back with another hint in a couple of days if you haven't cracked it. Just one thing, it is important that you are using 3.0.1 and not 3.0.

  • Users avatarphilter

    - Magnus Lidström wrote:
    :lol: The hunt is on. It is always available.
    I'll be back with another hint in a couple of days if you haven't cracked it. Just one thing, it is important that you are using 3.0.1 and not 3.0.

    i don´t get it..... :P :blink:

  • Users avatarDave

    i see nothing :huh:

  • Users avatarDennis Harms

    I tried everything but I can't find anything :blink:

    Cheers
    Dennis

  • Users avatarValery Kondakoff

    Just for fun. This pattern sounds pretty musical if you change the channel one from bass drum to something percussive. HNY!

  • Users avatarMark Birchall

    Things I have tried:

    • Clicking every bit of 'whitespace' around the matrix.
    • Clicking in the matrix with every combination of ctrl, shift, alt.
    • Filling every slot of the matrix with hits, accented hits, fills.
    • Filling the matrix with words, numbers, patterns,smiley faces, etc.
    • Going through the 3.01 dll to examine the ascii in a hex editor (Some amusing discoveries, a reference to the known easter eggs mode - but nothing new).
    • Staring at the matrix. Who is the matrix? What does the matrix want?

    It has also prompted me to go through the manual again and explore some of the midi config options I had never used, like "retrigger gated". So, not entirely unproductive.

    Another clue is needed!

  • Users avatarBoB SwanS

    Please :)

  • Users avatarDennis Harms

    Seriously, this drives me crazy :lol:

    Cheers
    Dennis

  • Users avatarMagnus Lidström

    LOL. You guys are awesome. I am making you work too hard this time. :) Hope you don't expect too much of the egg.

    Hint #2:

    The "feature" is triggered by a certain initial setup in an 8*8 square.

    Also, why am I thinking of a character in a Shakespeare tragedy?

  • Users avatarDave

    hahah yes
    its Othello!!!!

    awesome

    :)

    ![](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/screenshot20120109at000.png/)

  • Users avatarDennis Harms

    - davedominey wrote:
    hahah yes
    its Othello!!!!
    awesome
    :)
    ![](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/screenshot20120109at000.png/)

    Haha! Great!
    That's awesome!
    There is even a vocal when then game is over :lol:

    Cheers
    Dennis

  • Users avatarMagnus Lidström

    - davedominey wrote:
    hahah yes
    its Othello!!!!

    Yeah! Congrats! That was quick. You know your Shakespeare well then?

    Now you just have to beat the computer to claim your reward. Not sure what that would be though. :)

  • Users avatarDave

    - Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Yeah! Congrats! That was quick. You know your Shakespeare well then?
    Now you just have to beat the computer to claim your reward. Not sure what that would be though. :)

    that is proving difficult lol

    i suck at this game!!!

  • Users avatarDennis Harms

    I'm loosing everytime :lol:
    This is quite addictive and Microtonic seems to be very smart (or I'm just not smart enough) :lol:

    Cheers
    Dennis

  • Users avatarMagnus Lidström

    - Bronto Scorpio wrote:
    I'm loosing everytime :lol:
    This is quite addictive and Microtonic seems to be very smart (or I'm just not smart enough) :lol:
    Cheers
    Dennis

    I think I beat him like once myself and I wrote him. It's just a standard alpha beta pruning algo and then I made like a darwinian computer tournament to genetically determine the scoring weights. But he is not that good actually. State of the art Othello computers beat him. But it's a clean simple implementation still. I'd gladly post the source code if someone is interested.

  • Users avatarDave

    :P

    ![](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/screenshot20120109at074.png/)

  • Users avatarMark Birchall

    Ohhh man! I was SO close.

    I tried dozens of Shakespeare characters - totally forgot about Othello.

    :P

  • Users avatarDennis Harms

    - davedominey wrote:
    :P
    ![](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/screenshot20120109at074.png/)

    Wow! Congratulations! :)

    Cheers
    Dennis

  • Users avatarMagnus Lidström

    - davedominey wrote:
    :P
    ![](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/screenshot20120109at074.png/)

    :o

    Congrats! Wow. You are a very dedicated man mr. Dominey!

    Most important though, how does that pattern sound? :)

  • Users avatarBoB SwanS

    Ha, Nice little easter egg, i never played before and i am losing everygame

  • Users avatarMagnus Lidström

    - BoB SwanS wrote:
    Ha, Nice little easter egg, i never played before and i am losing everygame

    Sorry. I'll include a way to lower the difficulty level in the next upgrade. :)

  • Users avatarBoB SwanS

    - Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Sorry. I'll include a way to lower the difficulty level in the next upgrade. :)

    Its ok , I would prefer a "Wheel of fortune" in Synplant

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up


First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
×