Ability to add samples to Microtonic 4

sonny hancock5 246 views10 posts
  • Users avatarsonny hancock

Any thoughts to adding the ability to add your own samples to microtonic, as so to mix samples and synthesis?

• Users avatarreddog

I thought the whole idea of MicroTonic was that it was synthesis based program.

• Users avatarAB459

In my opinion, better not.

1) It would have been interesting, if would be the presence of inтernal complex effect processing \ transformation of the original osc signal.
    2) In addition, there is MIDI outputs that can be assigned to the sampler and synchronously mixing wave sample and u-tonic, each channel individually.

Ie at least this moments negate this idea.

• Users avatarMyung Cho

Good idea but my answer is NO to that!
    I want keep microtonic simple as it is.

i just want to have a 64bit version asap!

• Users avatarLazylefteye

- Myung J Cho wrote:
    Good idea but my answer is NO to that!
    I want keep microtonic simple as it is.
    i just want to have a 64bit version asap!

I agree.All Microtonic needs is 64bit version.

• Users avatarMagnus Lidström

- Resonator wrote:
    I agree.All Microtonic needs is 64bit version.

I have good news then: 3.1 is ready for beta as soon as we have sorted out the new installers and "BetaTracker" for 10.8.

• Users avatarLazylefteye

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    I have good news then: 3.1 is ready for beta as soon as we have sorted out the new installers and "BetaTracker" for 10.8.

Great news indeed.
    Thank you,really looking forward to the update.

• Users avatarMyung Cho

- Magnus Lidström wrote:

yes!

• Users avatarAdrian Knotts

Sorry pretty new to Microtonic..............Is it possible to add my own sound banks of hats snares etc etc so they will then be converted to the correct format and then playable through Microtonic?

• Users avatarMagnus Lidström

Sorry pretty new to Microtonic..............Is it possible to add my own sound banks of hats snares etc etc so they will then be converted to the correct format and then playable through Microtonic?

You are talking about importing sample files, right? Microtonic is 100% synthetic. It generates all sounds using "virtual analog" oscillators and filters. No sample playback at all. So loading samples into it is simply not possible. Sorry.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.