Microtonic not showing up in Ableton Live

Eric Camburn88 views3 posts
  • Users avatarEric Camburn

I installed Microtonic without any errors. However, when I load an instance of Microtonic in Ableton Live an empty MIDI track opens up and the plugin is not loaded. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and rebooting multiple times.

I'm using Ableton Live 9 Suite (9.7) in Windows 10, 64 bit version

• Users avatarFredrik Lidström

First of all, are you running the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Ableton live on your Windows? By default the installer will install the same version as the OS you are running (64-bit in your case) regardless of which version of Ableton you are running. So make sure you are running the 64-bit Live or alternatively custom install the 32-bit version of Microtonic.

If you are already running the correct version, I am a bit stumped. You say Microtonic shows up in the plug-in menu, but you're not getting any error or anything. When you uninstall Microtonic and run Live, is the Microtonic gone from the plug-in menu? Could there be a different Microtonic dll file somewhere messing with your installation?

• Users avatarEric Camburn

Thanks Frederik. I uninstalled everything, manually deleted folders and files not removed during installation and cleaned the registry. After reinstallation everything's working fine. I'm assuming there were leftovers from an old installation. Your questions got me pointed in the right direction

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.