Microtonic 3.0.1 Installation DMG not recognised

davantbar3 685 views4 posts
  • Users avatardavantbar

    I have downloaded 'Install Sonic Charge MicroTonic.dmg' for the latest 3.0.1 update but when I double click on it I get a warning message that says the disk image couldn't be opened, the reason given: "not recognised"... 8( Am I doing something wrong?

  • Users avatarFredrik Lidström

    - David Antony Barltrop wrote:
    I have downloaded 'Install Sonic Charge MicroTonic.dmg' for the latest 3.0.1 update but when I double click on it I get a warning message that says the disk image couldn't be opened, the reason given: "not recognised"... 8( Am I doing something wrong?

    Hey,

    If this happens your download has been corrupted or aborted for some reason. It can happen that the download get "stuck" in the browser cache, which means next time you try to download, it just pull the same copy again, to make sure this is not the case, you can clear the browser cache.

    Another thing that can go wrong is the download mirror redirect your site has. If your dmg file is just a couple of bytes in size, that is probably what happened. In that case could you please let us know what browser and version you are using, and also try a different browser.

    If everything fails, try the following >link<

    If none of the above works, don't worry, let me know and we'll get it sorted some how. :P

  • Users avatardavantbar

    - Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    Hey,
    If this happens your download has been corrupted or aborted for some reason. It can happen that the download get "stuck" in the browser cache, which means next time you try to download, it just pull the same copy again, to make sure this is not the case, you can clear the browser cache.
    Another thing that can go wrong is the download mirror redirect your site has. If your dmg file is just a couple of bytes in size, that is probably what happened. In that case could you please let us know what browser and version you are using, and also try a different browser.
    If everything fails, try the following >link<
    If none of the above works, don't worry, let me know and we'll get it sorted some how. :P

    Thanks! I was using Safari Version 5.0.5 (6533.21.1) OSX and clearing the cache did not solve the issues. I've used Firefox and the link you provided and it's worked! 3.0.1 is now installed. Cheers! 8)

  • Users avatarFredrik Lidström

    - David Antony Barltrop wrote:
    Thanks! I was using Safari Version 5.0.5 (6533.21.1) OSX and clearing the cache did not solve the issues. I've used Firefox and the link you provided and it's worked! 3.0.1 is now installed. Cheers! 8)

    Odd, I'm using the same Safari version myself. Glad that you got it sorted and are up and running now.

    If anyone else experience this same problem, please post a reply to this thread with your OS and browser details.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up


First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
×