Your DAW of choice?

Benjamin Harrison190 views6 posts
  • Users avatarBenjamin Harrison

Hi All,

Longtime Logic user here and even though I really like it for audio multi-tracking, I do get a little frustrated by the AU ecosystem when it comes to plugins.

That being said, what are you guys using? I've been looking into BitWig, Waveform and Reaper as alternatives to Logic.

I've used Ableton a little in the past and I've got Reason 10.

70% of my time is spent dealing with audio; 30% with synths/MIDI.

What are you using and why?

Also, if you've jumped from Logic to another platform, are you happy that you made the transition?

• Users avatarfrédéric Henrion

I also use Logic and Live but my main DAW is Reaper.
    I use mainly VST instruments.
    Reaper is very good at audio handling.

Once I got used to Reaper, logic seemed too basic to me, poor automation, no vst support, no personalisation of the UI, no media bay drag & drop.

I'll give Reaper a much stronger look. Thanks mate!

• Users avatarfrédéric Henrion

- Benjamin Harrison wrote:
    I'll give Reaper a much stronger look. Thanks mate!

You're welcome
    I even manage to transfert data from microtonic to PO32 on a Ubuntu old netbook running Reaper under Wine.
    No other Daw is so versatile.

• Users avatarstxlm

I'm primarily a Reason user, but do use Live and Logic in certain cases. I love the rack UI and the Rack Extension system, I never liked using VST/AU because of how inconsistent it is. Pop-ups? Not my Jam. That's one reason I love Live - it has a great UI for native plugins. Logic's Plugin UI (esp legacy plugins) is its main detriment, but at least they have the Smart Controls.

I really wanted Bitwig, but at the time that I trialed it, it didn't have ReWire support. So I skipped it.

Bitwig 3.0 is looking pretty interesting. I've been messing a bit with Studio One 4 lately. So far, so good.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.