Synplant 2

Iuri Côrte-Real (CORE)767 views6 posts
  • Users avatarIuri Côrte-Real (CORE)

I'm getting some saved money together to buy Synplant.

The thing I'm most worried about is that it seems that Synplant 2 is closer than ever!
    Will it be a free update to those who bought Synplant or should I wait to buy Synplant 2?

Thank You for your awesome plugin! (been "demo-ing" and it's definitely a game-changer)

• Users avatarFredrik Lidström

Hey. I hope that "closer than ever" is true, but a lot of times we have gone backwards in the Synplant 2 project. Five years ago I would not have imagined that we would still be working on it in 2017. 😊

I would not wait if I were you because I couldn't tell you how long the wait would be. We try to make sure that our customers never feel that they should have waited with a purchase. That's one of the reasons we almost never do sales and our product prices don't gone down, but rather up over the years. All our product updates have also been free so far. If we would decide to start doing paid upgrades, we would definitely have a fair upgrade policy and reasonable upgrade fees.

• Users avatarLarry Ortega

Any news on Synplant 2 . . . . this plugin is just amazing . . :)

• Users avatarnic

don't trust 'em on synplant 2 Larry..... :-(

• Users avatarMagnus Lidström

Oh no, do trust us when we say that we don't know when Synplant 2 will be finished. :D

The story of Synplant 2 is actually that one of us (won't say who) mistakingly revealed that we were working on a version 2 of Synplant on some forum. This was maany years ago. Then came the 64-bit update craze and for a while Synplant v2 and 64-bit Synplant became synonymous, even from our side, so everyone was knocking on our door for Synplant v2 so they could run it in 64-bit Logic etc.

After we decided that version 2 and 64-bit had nothing to do with each other and updated Synplant v1 (and the rest of our product line) to 64-bit we went back to working on many different projects, including entirely new products.

We do still work on Synplant 2, I estimate around 1/4 of our time. But it is the toughest project to date by far. It just needs a lot of time and thought. Synplant is such a different and beautiful synth. We have an obligation to make an upgrade that matters.

• Users avatarBeepsonore Beep

Une petite news au moin?pleaaaaase

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.